Save big by choosing this insulation & sound deadening kit!
All of our kits cost significantly less than the sum of their parts. We buy in huge quantities to bring you the best possible price!
Why insulate your van?
The number one cause of lower section body rot on campervans is due to the insulation used during their build. There are a number of common mistakes we see all the time when assessing corrosion:
- No insulation at all - this allows condensation to form on the inside of the panel, which runs down to the bottom and rots the van from the inside.
- Household insulation - your house breathes whereas your van sweats, and household insulation can hold up to 270 times its own volume in water. It acts as a sponge, collecting all of the moisture in your van and transferring it to the bottom of the panels.
- Expanding foam - not only does this tend to collect water and some types are extremely flammable, it also sets like concrete in your panels. As accident repairers, we have seen vans written off by insurers after minor accidents because they are full of foam. This makes the repair process exponentially more expensive and insurance companies won't pay the additional cost.
For convenience, we have created three packs of the most commonly used and most cost-effective automotive-grade sound deadening and insulation.
These can be tweaked and adapted as required, and a fully bespoke set can be designed if you have specific goals in mind.
All packs come with free high-temperature, automotive-grade spray adhesive for easy installation.
Pack A: 1-2 Season (this pack)
This is the most commonly selected pack for day vans. It is designed to make your van quieter and provide a little insulation for the odd night away.
- Day vans, with the occasional night away in good weather
- Campsites with electric hookups, where a fan heater can be used if the temperature drops
- Vans with a gas or diesel night heater which isn't used too often
- Closed Cell Polyethylene Foam for all of the walls, sliding door, rear door(s), and ceiling (if selected)
- Polyester Non-Woven Acoustic Thermal Insulation / Fleece for all the hard to reach areas
- High-Performance Flexible Aluminium Butyl Vehicle Panel Sound Deadening for the rear wheel arches and 20% coverage of the walls, sliding door, rear door(s), and ceiling (if selected)
- High-Performance Flexible Aluminium Butyl Vehicle Panel Sound Deadening for the load area floor (if selected)
Pack B: 2-3 Season
This is the most commonly selected pack for campervans. It makes your van both quiet and warm.
Pack C: 3-4 Season
This is the all seasons pack. It's a significant upgrade in thermal and acoustic coverage.
There are almost endless options available in sound deadening and insulation, so please speak to us if you have particular goals or requirements.
Some common add-ons to the packs above are
- Additional sound deadening under the cab floor and over the front wheel arches
- Sound deadening and insulation in the cab doors
- Sound deadening the engine bay
- Specifically designed sound deadening to enhance upgraded audio installations
These kits are made to order so please allow 2-3 days for delivery. Since COVID, this has sometimes taken longer due to issues with couriers.