This is a modern split charge system built around a DC-to-DC charger with a built-in solar & wind controller. It is more efficient than traditional split charge relays, meaning your leisure battery will charge faster while you drive.
It is suitable for all vans, including those with a smart alternator (usually 2013 or newer vehicles, although that varies). If you have a Euro cat 5 or 6 engine you will definitely have a smart alternator.
The D250SE will still operate even if the smart alternator is shut off and maintain a stable output of up to 20A to fully
charge your battery in the shortest time.
Why This Charger?
The D250SE automatically delivers the optimum charge so your batteries are fully charged in the shortest possible time. You
can select normal or 14.7V AGM charge voltages. It also has a temperature sensor to compensate for hot or cold conditions and avoid the risk of your battery overheating or overcharging.
Built-in Solar Charging Controller
The D250SE has an input for connecting solar panels without the need for a regulator. It also features a Maximum Power
Point Tracker (MPPT) to get the maximum power out of your solar panels.
Additional Solar Panel MPPT Information for Ctek D250SE
The maximum open-circuit voltage from the panel is only 23v. We recommend using only 100-watt panels or 150-watt panels.
This can be up to 3 x 100-watt or 2 x 150-watt panels if required.
Always check the panel specification as a higher voltage
will damage the charger and will invalidate the warranty.
Choosing a Kit Length
The kits are sold based on the length of red cable required. This is the cable that is run from the main battery to the location of your leisure battery. It is made to the length you pick with 2 x 250mm cables and the rest of the length as 1 long cable. This allows you to put a fuse between the main battery and the relay, and another between the relay and the leisure battery.
It's always worth slightly overestimating the length required as the kit comes with pre-made cable ends. Run a length of string along the path you intend to run your cables then add a metre (or two if your run is complicated with lots of turns).
- 12V 140amp M-Power Voltage Sense Split Charge Relay.
- 1 x 250mm 70amp Red Starter Battery to fuse box lead. (8mm to 6mm terminals)
- 1 x Main Cable Run 70amp Red Relay to fuse box lead (6mm to 6mm terminals). This comes in the length selected minus 500mm (which is the 2 x 250mm cables made separately to allow for the inline fuses).
- 1 x 250mm 70amp Red Fuse Box to Leisure Battery Lead (6mm to 8mm terminals)
- 1 x 1000mm 70amp Black Earth Cable. (8mm to 10mm terminals)
- Spare terminals + Heat shrink pack for modifications if required
- Positive & Negative 8mm post type battery terminals
- 2 x Fuse Holders & 60amp Fuses including a spare.
- 15 x Cable ties + fixings to keep everything tidy.
- 1mtr Split conduit to protect cables in the engine bay.
- Screws to fix fuse boxes & cable tie bases
- High-Quality HSS Drill Bit
- Easy to understand Fitting Instructions.
These kits are made to order so please allow 2-3 days for delivery. Since COVID, this has sometimes taken longer due to issues with couriers.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.